Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Going backwards to move forward...

Yesterday I realized that to go forward during the next few months of John being in Iraq, I have to go backwards to re-learn how I was able to live through his last deployment.

The first thing I found was gratitude. No matter how hard each day was, I forced myself to look for something that I was grateful for.

Profound, spiritual or just the mundane, it didn't matter. As long as I brought my consciousness towards the blessings I have all around me. The tiniest tweak of my mind is all it takes to turn the days where I don't even want to get out of bed, into a day I'm thrilled to be alive, or at least willing to actually get out of bed!

So here we go again, my Daily Attitude of Gratitude!

Today, I'm grateful for a wonderful walk Skye and I took last night out into the woods behind our neighborhood. I've taken to calling it the Faery Woods, because everytime I go back there I find something magical. Last night was no exception! We left the house just before sunset, and walked down an old abandoned road just to see how far it went ( a LONG way!). As we ambled along, we saw a deer, heard all the birds twittering their goodnights, inhaled the sweet scent of spring buds and blossoms and even found clusters of wild daffodils to pick. As we journeyed back towards home, the moon slowly rose up into the sky like a huge golden ball. I felt like we were experiencing something Divine and definitely touched by Spirit.

1 comment: