Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sparklie Saturday, the Evening Edition

Last night was really relaxing and we had a wonderful time without doing much of anything special! I was once again completely inspired by watching Julie and Julia. I want shiny copper pots hanging on my wall. I want to cook delicious food dripping with butter! I want to spend hours making food that brings sighs of satisfaction and groans of pleasure when it's eaten.

I think that was accomplished with our dinner, Eggs Benedict, which literally did drip with hollandaise sauce. When our plates we clean, we each got spoons and slurped up the rest of the holladaise right out of the pot! Bad, bad girls!

We barely gave our dinner time to settle before we made cupcakes. Skye was the Queen of Sparklie Saturday all cozy, licking the batter out of the bowl. Talk about decadant multi-tasking fun! Eating batter, on the computer, magazine open, and watching the movie.


Her cupcake got the pink sprinkles, I couldn't take so much more sugar on top of the frosting. Does that mean I'm getting old if I don't want a sugar overload? We ended up with WAY too many cupcakes, so we're going to take them to share at the flower shop. I think everyone there will need the sugar boost this week with Valentines Day approaching.


I have to say that our first Sparklie Saturday was a complete success! As soon as we recover from Valentines Day at the flower shop we'll have to schedule another. We may need a whole weekend at that point.

I hope everyone has been inspired to have a little more fun, look for the sparkle in your day, relax and let life flow like a lazy river! One last bit of fun from yesterday, suggestions from Susan Branch that embody the spirit of what Sparklie Saturdays can be.


2 comments:

  1. Diedra, hooray for you getting your blog back up! You should give yourself a big gold star (unless you'd rather shower yourself with a bunch of little ones). Linda, from the Comfort Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I crown you Queen of the First Comment! Thanks for coming to visit!! I'm showering tiny gold sprinklings of stars on everyone!

    ReplyDelete